Our Commitment to Privacy
What is Personal Information?
Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as, but not limited to, name, address, telephone number, ID numbers, birth date or opinions. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Also, information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed;
- Professional and business directories available to the public;
- Certain public registries and court records;
- Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications;
The Ten Privacy Principles
Principle 1 - Accountability
KMP Designs Inc. is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purpose. The name and contact information of the Chief Privacy Officer shall be made available upon request. The Chief Privacy Officer may, from time to time, designate one or more individuals within the organization to act on his or her behalf.
Principle 2 - Identifying Purpose
The purpose for which personal information is collected shall be identifed by the organiztion at or before the time the information is collected.
KMP Designs Inc. identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected at or before the time the information is actually collected.
Principle 3 - Consent
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
KMP Designs Inc. obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, except where inappropriate. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- KMP Designs Inc. will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
- KMP Designs Inc. will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information when one or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you
Principle 4 - Limiting Collection
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
KMP Designs Inc. collects only the information necessary to provide requested services to you. KMP Designs Inc. will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means.
Principle 5 - Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. KMP Designs Inc. does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. Personal information is only shared with third party organizations if required to fulfill your services. KMP Designs Inc. retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by laws.
Principle 6 - Accuracy
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
KMP Designs Inc. keeps your personal information up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. To access your personal information, refer to the Contact Us page.
Principle 7 - Safeguards
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
KMP Designs Inc. takes the appropriate steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held. These safeguards include:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- Electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection;
- Organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals.
Principle 8 - Openness
An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the mangement of personal information.
KMP Designs Inc. will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site, www.kmpdesigns.com or on request. To contact us, refer to the Contact Us page.
Principle 9 - Individual Access
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
You can request access to your personal information. To contact us, refer to the Contact Us page. Upon receiving a request, KMP Designs Inc. will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed;
- Provide you with access to your information so that you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information;
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
Principle 10 - Challenging Compliance
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for the organization's compliance.
KMP Designs Inc. responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.